“Now that CDs have gone the way of the 8-track tape, what is there to do with all that useless metal and plastic? UK Artist Bruce Munro took 65,000 defunct discs and turned them into 100 shining waterlilies for his light installation at Longwood Gardens in Pennsylvania. The floating recycled flora took their shape from the Victoria waterlily, a species first hybridized at the gardens in 1961. Instead of LEDs (which Munro has used in past pieces), this project relies on the light of the sun to illuminate the reflective surfaces of the large, flat pads.”
WHY MORE THAN GREEN?BECAUSE SUSTAINABILITY IS SOMETHING MORE THAN GREEN: it has to do with society, economy and culture, besides the environment.
BECAUSE SUSTAINABILITY MUST BE UNDERSTOOD FOR EVERYONE WHO DECIDES: oficially, politicians and technicians.
BECAUSE SUSTAINABILITY MUST BE SHARED BY EVERYBODY WHO HAS OPINION (AND VOTES): we all, you, them and, specially, our children; and not only intellectuals.
BECAUSE SUSTAINABILITY MUST BE TOLD FROM FACTS AND NOT FROM THEORIES: we need visual examples and no more texts.
BECAUSE SUSTAINABILITY MUST BE CONCEIVED AS AN OPPORTUNITY TO ENJOY LIFE IN A DIFFERENT WAY and not as a problem
FOR ALL THIS AND MORE, WE BET ON MORE THAN GREEN
…most popular right now
- The "Energy Independent School" of Kaštela 358,432 views
- Charles Moore: Seas of plastic (TED TALK) 355,164 views
- DIY: designing vertical gardens for tiny spaces 348,275 views
- DIY Urbanism 327,687 views
- Lucianne Walkowicz: Look up for a change (TED TALK) 324,348 views
- Brittlebush by Imon de Aguero 322,851 views
- Ruin Pubs in Budapest 319,743 views
- "ALGAETECTURE: algae systems to design and feed the city" by ecoLogicStudio 315,981 views
- Sebastião Salgado: The silent drama of photography (TED TALK) 315,820 views
- "Sharing the World’s Resources" by Adam Parsons 309,278 views
recent / reciente
- Brick of hexagonal cell. New geometries against noise
- European Commission: “Commissioner Hahn urges Europeans to help shape a future EU Urban Agenda”
- “What squatter cities can teach us” by Stewart Brand
- Biological concrete. New materials to reduce CO2
- (Español) Arquitectura y comunidad. Entrevista a Kéré por Anatxu Zabalbeascoa
fields / campos