“Bicyclope is the first collaboration between i Collective and Zuloark in order to develop urban furniture that produces energy. For this open project we work very close with the neighbors in order to determinate the way they move and spend their time in the urban space. This happens during a first brainstorming workshop in the neighborhood in which we also think what can we use the produced energy for. After that, our team develops a proposal according to the needs it detected for that group. The prototype is also built in collaboration with the neighbors. By doing so, we propose not only a prototype but a working system based on participation, collaboration, learning from each other, sustainability and responsibility.”
WHY MORE THAN GREEN?BECAUSE SUSTAINABILITY IS SOMETHING MORE THAN GREEN: it has to do with society, economy and culture, besides the environment.
BECAUSE SUSTAINABILITY MUST BE UNDERSTOOD FOR EVERYONE WHO DECIDES: oficially, politicians and technicians.
BECAUSE SUSTAINABILITY MUST BE SHARED BY EVERYBODY WHO HAS OPINION (AND VOTES): we all, you, them and, specially, our children; and not only intellectuals.
BECAUSE SUSTAINABILITY MUST BE TOLD FROM FACTS AND NOT FROM THEORIES: we need visual examples and no more texts.
BECAUSE SUSTAINABILITY MUST BE CONCEIVED AS AN OPPORTUNITY TO ENJOY LIFE IN A DIFFERENT WAY and not as a problem
FOR ALL THIS AND MORE, WE BET ON MORE THAN GREEN
…most popular right now
- The "Energy Independent School" of Kaštela 356,842 views
- Charles Moore: Seas of plastic (TED TALK) 354,174 views
- DIY: designing vertical gardens for tiny spaces 345,392 views
- DIY Urbanism 326,565 views
- Lucianne Walkowicz: Look up for a change (TED TALK) 323,427 views
- Brittlebush by Imon de Aguero 321,546 views
- Ruin Pubs in Budapest 318,054 views
- Sebastião Salgado: The silent drama of photography (TED TALK) 314,866 views
- "ALGAETECTURE: algae systems to design and feed the city" by ecoLogicStudio 314,271 views
- "Sharing the World’s Resources" by Adam Parsons 308,372 views
recent / reciente
fields / campos