“In the mid 1990s Japanese artist Toshiko Horiuchi MacAdam was showing a large scale crochet artwork at an art gallery when two rambunctious children approached her and asked if the sculpture, resembling a colorful hammock, could be climbed on. She nervously agreed and watched cautiously as her suspended artwork twisted and stretched as the kids climbed on top of it. Suddenly an idea was born. Almost three years later MacAdam would open her first large-scale crochet playground in conjunction with engineers TIS & Partners and landscape architects Takano Landscape Planning. She has since created several additional playscapes around Japan, photos of which were recently made available for the first time online only a few weeks ago. ” (source: This is Colossal)
WHY MORE THAN GREEN?BECAUSE SUSTAINABILITY IS SOMETHING MORE THAN GREEN: it has to do with society, economy and culture, besides the environment.
BECAUSE SUSTAINABILITY MUST BE UNDERSTOOD FOR EVERYONE WHO DECIDES: oficially, politicians and technicians.
BECAUSE SUSTAINABILITY MUST BE SHARED BY EVERYBODY WHO HAS OPINION (AND VOTES): we all, you, them and, specially, our children; and not only intellectuals.
BECAUSE SUSTAINABILITY MUST BE TOLD FROM FACTS AND NOT FROM THEORIES: we need visual examples and no more texts.
BECAUSE SUSTAINABILITY MUST BE CONCEIVED AS AN OPPORTUNITY TO ENJOY LIFE IN A DIFFERENT WAY and not as a problem
FOR ALL THIS AND MORE, WE BET ON MORE THAN GREEN
…most popular right now
- The "Energy Independent School" of Kaštela 357,046 views
- Charles Moore: Seas of plastic (TED TALK) 354,300 views
- DIY: designing vertical gardens for tiny spaces 345,725 views
- DIY Urbanism 326,715 views
- Lucianne Walkowicz: Look up for a change (TED TALK) 323,502 views
- Brittlebush by Imon de Aguero 321,663 views
- Ruin Pubs in Budapest 318,207 views
- Sebastião Salgado: The silent drama of photography (TED TALK) 315,001 views
- "ALGAETECTURE: algae systems to design and feed the city" by ecoLogicStudio 314,445 views
- "Sharing the World’s Resources" by Adam Parsons 308,471 views
recent / reciente
fields / campos