“How much land mass would renewables need to power a nation like the UK? An entire country’s worth. In this pragmatic talk, David MacKay tours the basic mathematics that show worrying limitations on our sustainable energy options and explains why we should pursue them anyway.”
WHY MORE THAN GREEN?BECAUSE SUSTAINABILITY IS SOMETHING MORE THAN GREEN: it has to do with society, economy and culture, besides the environment.
BECAUSE SUSTAINABILITY MUST BE UNDERSTOOD FOR EVERYONE WHO DECIDES: oficially, politicians and technicians.
BECAUSE SUSTAINABILITY MUST BE SHARED BY EVERYBODY WHO HAS OPINION (AND VOTES): we all, you, them and, specially, our children; and not only intellectuals.
BECAUSE SUSTAINABILITY MUST BE TOLD FROM FACTS AND NOT FROM THEORIES: we need visual examples and no more texts.
BECAUSE SUSTAINABILITY MUST BE CONCEIVED AS AN OPPORTUNITY TO ENJOY LIFE IN A DIFFERENT WAY and not as a problem
FOR ALL THIS AND MORE, WE BET ON MORE THAN GREEN
…most popular right now
- The "Energy Independent School" of Kaštela 358,180 views
- Charles Moore: Seas of plastic (TED TALK) 355,008 views
- DIY: designing vertical gardens for tiny spaces 347,711 views
- DIY Urbanism 327,546 views
- Lucianne Walkowicz: Look up for a change (TED TALK) 324,258 views
- Brittlebush by Imon de Aguero 322,629 views
- Ruin Pubs in Budapest 319,482 views
- "ALGAETECTURE: algae systems to design and feed the city" by ecoLogicStudio 315,741 views
- Sebastião Salgado: The silent drama of photography (TED TALK) 315,682 views
- "Sharing the World’s Resources" by Adam Parsons 309,143 views
recent / reciente
fields / campos