“Modern buildings with floor-to-ceiling windows give spectacular views, but they require a lot of energy to cool. Doris Kim Sung works with thermo-bimetals, smart materials that act more like human skin, dynamically and responsively, and can shade a room from sun and self-ventilate. Doris Kim Sung is a biology student turned architect interested in thermo-bimetals, smart materials that respond dynamically to temperature change.”
WHY MORE THAN GREEN?BECAUSE SUSTAINABILITY IS SOMETHING MORE THAN GREEN: it has to do with society, economy and culture, besides the environment.
BECAUSE SUSTAINABILITY MUST BE UNDERSTOOD FOR EVERYONE WHO DECIDES: oficially, politicians and technicians.
BECAUSE SUSTAINABILITY MUST BE SHARED BY EVERYBODY WHO HAS OPINION (AND VOTES): we all, you, them and, specially, our children; and not only intellectuals.
BECAUSE SUSTAINABILITY MUST BE TOLD FROM FACTS AND NOT FROM THEORIES: we need visual examples and no more texts.
BECAUSE SUSTAINABILITY MUST BE CONCEIVED AS AN OPPORTUNITY TO ENJOY LIFE IN A DIFFERENT WAY and not as a problem
FOR ALL THIS AND MORE, WE BET ON MORE THAN GREEN
…most popular right now
- The “Energy Independent School” of Kaštela 359,097 views
- Charles Moore: Seas of plastic (TED TALK) 355,591 views
- DIY: designing vertical gardens for tiny spaces 351,686 views
- DIY Urbanism 328,131 views
- Lucianne Walkowicz: Look up for a change (TED TALK) 324,827 views
- Brittlebush by Imon de Aguero 323,563 views
- Ruin Pubs in Budapest 320,180 views
- “ALGAETECTURE: algae systems to design and feed the city” by ecoLogicStudio 316,701 views
- Sebastião Salgado: The silent drama of photography (TED TALK) 316,278 views
- “Sharing the World’s Resources” by Adam Parsons 309,608 views
recent / reciente
- BUILDING SPAIN (The Building). A documentary reflection of the financial and economic paralysis of a country, by Victor Moreno
- (Español) Propuestas de revitalización urbana en el barrio Orba
- Intersection Repair
- Maya Pedal: bikemachines for economic and social sustainability of rural areas
- Street art: turning objects into infrastructure
fields / campos