“The Recyclops (by Superuse) temporarily unites two waste flows, sinks and water, in a shiny structure. Sinks, taken from a building that was going to be demolished, are the walls of multifunctional space. The sinks can appear in different shapes and are easy to mount and dismount due to a skilful fastening system. When the sun shines the recyclops is reflecting light like a disco ball. On the inside the sun is piercing with round light beams through the holes, but when it rains the sinks give shelter. Rainwater is collected and put in storage and can be used within the gray water circuit of the pavilion.”
WHY MORE THAN GREEN?BECAUSE SUSTAINABILITY IS SOMETHING MORE THAN GREEN: it has to do with society, economy and culture, besides the environment.
BECAUSE SUSTAINABILITY MUST BE UNDERSTOOD FOR EVERYONE WHO DECIDES: oficially, politicians and technicians.
BECAUSE SUSTAINABILITY MUST BE SHARED BY EVERYBODY WHO HAS OPINION (AND VOTES): we all, you, them and, specially, our children; and not only intellectuals.
BECAUSE SUSTAINABILITY MUST BE TOLD FROM FACTS AND NOT FROM THEORIES: we need visual examples and no more texts.
BECAUSE SUSTAINABILITY MUST BE CONCEIVED AS AN OPPORTUNITY TO ENJOY LIFE IN A DIFFERENT WAY and not as a problem
FOR ALL THIS AND MORE, WE BET ON MORE THAN GREEN
- The “Energy Independent School” of Kaštela 359,123 views
- Charles Moore: Seas of plastic (TED TALK) 355,636 views
- DIY: designing vertical gardens for tiny spaces 352,137 views
- DIY Urbanism 328,158 views
- Lucianne Walkowicz: Look up for a change (TED TALK) 324,844 views
- Brittlebush by Imon de Aguero 323,599 views
- Ruin Pubs in Budapest 320,231 views
- “ALGAETECTURE: algae systems to design and feed the city” by ecoLogicStudio 316,776 views
- Sebastião Salgado: The silent drama of photography (TED TALK) 316,316 views
- “Sharing the World’s Resources” by Adam Parsons 309,629 views
recent / reciente
fields / campos