“Indonesian firm Dpavilion Architects has built a health clinic and library for the village of Batu in East Jawa, Indonesia using repurposed shipping containers. Five containers painted cheery, vibrant colors sit atop a series of stilts, allowing villagers to “travel the world” through reading and learning, much as the containers themselves have done physically. The building’s top level allows visitors to take in spectacular views of the surrounding area.”
WHY MORE THAN GREEN?BECAUSE SUSTAINABILITY IS SOMETHING MORE THAN GREEN: it has to do with society, economy and culture, besides the environment.
BECAUSE SUSTAINABILITY MUST BE UNDERSTOOD FOR EVERYONE WHO DECIDES: oficially, politicians and technicians.
BECAUSE SUSTAINABILITY MUST BE SHARED BY EVERYBODY WHO HAS OPINION (AND VOTES): we all, you, them and, specially, our children; and not only intellectuals.
BECAUSE SUSTAINABILITY MUST BE TOLD FROM FACTS AND NOT FROM THEORIES: we need visual examples and no more texts.
BECAUSE SUSTAINABILITY MUST BE CONCEIVED AS AN OPPORTUNITY TO ENJOY LIFE IN A DIFFERENT WAY and not as a problem
FOR ALL THIS AND MORE, WE BET ON MORE THAN GREEN
…most popular right now
- The “Energy Independent School” of Kaštela 358,993 views
- Charles Moore: Seas of plastic (TED TALK) 355,453 views
- DIY: designing vertical gardens for tiny spaces 350,542 views
- DIY Urbanism 328,011 views
- Lucianne Walkowicz: Look up for a change (TED TALK) 324,739 views
- Brittlebush by Imon de Aguero 323,448 views
- Ruin Pubs in Budapest 319,994 views
- “ALGAETECTURE: algae systems to design and feed the city” by ecoLogicStudio 316,473 views
- Sebastião Salgado: The silent drama of photography (TED TALK) 316,132 views
- “Sharing the World’s Resources” by Adam Parsons 309,539 views
recent / reciente
fields / campos