“’V-tent’ by Hakan Gursu of Turkish creative studio design nobis is an eco-friendly parking system that protects and charges vehicles. It is a collapsible solar panel canopy that can be used in both personal and public parking areas. Aiming to create a sustainable system for urban environment, ‘V-tent’ offers a safe space for electric cars either at home or in city. Functioning as a cover that prevents weather side-effects such as sun heat or snow, its design protects vehicles physically from environmental conditions. Prolonging the life and maintenance cycle of vehicles in the long run, it can also be used as a precaution for theft, structural elements of design work as barriers.”
WHY MORE THAN GREEN?BECAUSE SUSTAINABILITY IS SOMETHING MORE THAN GREEN: it has to do with society, economy and culture, besides the environment.
BECAUSE SUSTAINABILITY MUST BE UNDERSTOOD FOR EVERYONE WHO DECIDES: oficially, politicians and technicians.
BECAUSE SUSTAINABILITY MUST BE SHARED BY EVERYBODY WHO HAS OPINION (AND VOTES): we all, you, them and, specially, our children; and not only intellectuals.
BECAUSE SUSTAINABILITY MUST BE TOLD FROM FACTS AND NOT FROM THEORIES: we need visual examples and no more texts.
BECAUSE SUSTAINABILITY MUST BE CONCEIVED AS AN OPPORTUNITY TO ENJOY LIFE IN A DIFFERENT WAY and not as a problem
FOR ALL THIS AND MORE, WE BET ON MORE THAN GREEN
…most popular right now
- The "Energy Independent School" of Kaštela 356,752 views
- Charles Moore: Seas of plastic (TED TALK) 354,144 views
- DIY: designing vertical gardens for tiny spaces 345,293 views
- DIY Urbanism 326,538 views
- Lucianne Walkowicz: Look up for a change (TED TALK) 323,379 views
- Brittlebush by Imon de Aguero 321,531 views
- Ruin Pubs in Budapest 317,997 views
- Sebastião Salgado: The silent drama of photography (TED TALK) 314,815 views
- "ALGAETECTURE: algae systems to design and feed the city" by ecoLogicStudio 314,232 views
- "Sharing the World’s Resources" by Adam Parsons 308,342 views
recent / reciente
fields / campos